This course is created by Bhrugen Patel and it will teach you how to create real-world web applications using Repository pattern, N-Tier architecture, APIs, and ASP .NET Core 3.0 framework. It’s very cost-effective and great for getting some hands-on learning experience. The identity and membership components are covered, and a demonstration is included to customize and seed the membership database.
Controller methods, such as the Index method above, generally return an IActionResult (or a class derived from ActionResult), not a type like string. ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT when ConfigureWebHostDefaults is called. The default ASP.NET Core web app templates call ConfigureWebHostDefaults. The ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT value overrides DOTNET_ENVIRONMENT.
It also allows you to develop a web application that can run on Mac OS and Linux. Many companies have already started building their new applications with ASP.NET Core. And they’re asking their new interviewees if they are familiar with .NET Core. So, if you are looking for a job and have some .NET experience, I suggest you learn ASP .NET Core to stay ahead of your competition. In the MVC design pattern, the Model component also contains the required logic in order to retrieve the data from a database. Once the model is created by the controller, then the controller selects a view to render the domain data or model data.
This time, it should display the Department Name instead of the Department ID, as shown in the image below. Click on the Delete button to delete the Employee from the database. This is another awesome course to learn .NET Core 3.1 and MVC from Udemy.
In this ASP.NET Core Tutorials series, I will discuss all the basic, intermediate, and advanced concepts of ASP.NET Core (.NET 6). These ASP.NET Core tutorials will help you to build rich data-driven ASP.NET Core 3.1 MVC Lessons web applications. At the end of these ASP.NET Core Tutorials, you will be better positioned to perform all the CRUD (i.e., Create, Read, Update, and Delete) operations using the SQL Server database.
- Click on the Delete button to delete the Employee from the database.
- Once the model is created by the controller, then the controller selects a view to render the domain data or model data.
- Strongly-typed views typically use ViewModel types designed to contain the data to display on that view.
- Controller methods, such as the Index method above, generally return an IActionResult (or a class derived from ActionResult), not a type like string.
- Apart from Mosh Hamdani, another instructor I found on .NET technologies is Scott Allen on Pluralsight.
ASP.NET Core MVC – File Handling
All professionals who want to start their career in asp.net core framework and want to add new skill in their bucket, can learn asp.net core from this tutorial. Now, click the Delete button as shown in the above image to Delete the Employee from the database. Once you click the Delete button, it will open the following Delete View. Now, it should display the Department Name in the dropdown list. Let us modify the Employee Department to IT and Position to DBA and click on the Save button, as shown in the image below.
- In the MVC design pattern, the only responsibility of the view is to render the model data.
- If you don’t know, ASP.NET Core is the next generation of ASP.NET MVC.